Town & Country Ultimax gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I spotted these when I was working on the tills at Trentham garden centre, someone brought a pair through my till and I was instantly impressed by the look and feel of them. I picked mine up from a local garden centre at Bridgemere, I think they're just general outdoor work type gloves.

The blurb on the display card says:

Ultimax is the perfect choice when comfort and
dexterity is paramountand is equally well suited for
activities from DIY and gardening to professional
construction and material handling

1. Flexible neoprene cuff keeps debris out

2. Heavy duty velcro fastening

3. tough but supple synthetic leather maintains it's shape

4. towelling panel for wiping face

5. Elastane sides for improved dexterity

6. Textured palms for improved grip, added protection and extra durability

7. Neoprene knuckle "shock-absorber"

8. Reinforced fingertips

9. Stretch elastane for comfort and fit

They come in three sizes (S,M,L) and fit really well, the fingers come all the way to the bottom end of my finger nearest the knuckle, without that big gap there that you tend to get with other gloves, also the cuff is very slim and easily fits inside jacket or jumper sleeves, they provided a surprising amount of insulation on a night cold enough for snow and hail.
The velcro strap holds them on really well and is nice and solid, and dirt seems to just brush off them. What impressed me most though was the amount of dexterity they allowed for fiddly tasks like tying and undoing knots.

They're cut to be in a partial gripping position with the fingers slightly curled, so the material doesn't bunch up in your fingers and palm when holding an axe or knife, giving you good feel and grip.
The sizes seem to be quite small, mine are a medium and my hands are quite small and boney. Next time SWMBO is dragging you round a garden centre see if you can spot them and give them a whirl. Not bad at £14.99 and probably cheaper on the bay or some other online store.
I like them a lot, here's a few pics.

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0092.JPG

DSCF0098.JPG

Last edited:

ginge82

Feb 3, 2010
U.K
Couldn't help but notice, but is that a Rolex Comex you have on there? That's quite the rare watch:eek:

ginge82

Feb 3, 2010
U.K
I'm a complete watch geek and I am extremely jealous:D

Have you worked for Comex in the past? It's just, these were never 'on the market' and each watch has it's own little history.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
No I've never worked for Comex, a mate of mine has been buying and selling watches for 20 years and is a Comex nut, he's got zillions of contacts.
I got it from him, they are available if you're prepared to pay the premium, you just have to know where to look. Mine came from a french Comex diver called George Arnoux.

You'll probably like this site........

www.vintagerolexforum.com

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE