Torches made from Pine Resin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
Pine Resin is amazing stuff and one of the many uses is to make torches with it.

Tried out two different variations. Both are made in the bush using only a knife.

The first one burnt for about 30mins (? not sure). The second one can be re-fed with resin-cristals, so it can burn much longer and
could also be used as a cook stove.

Cheers
P@

[video=youtube;7H3n5Ru9bRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H3n5Ru9bRI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
Nice ideas! Thanks a lot.
Did you have problems getting the resin off your knife and hands after collecting it?
I would have been tempted to clear the leaf litter in the immediate area of the fire.

i collect my resin with a sharpened wooden poking stick that i can burn afterwards. also, i mostly used the rather dry, kind of cristalline resin that i drop into wee metal box that i use to collect the stuff.
so my knife is totally clean. some of the stuff always manages to find my fingers...

and yeah, i should have cleared the leaves... what i didfor the first one:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE