Top 10 Christmas 'Survival' Films

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just a bit of festive fun. I am in the mood for watching a few films this Christmas and this got me thinking about the best survival films. I am thinking proper films - not necessarily true stories - with a bit of suspense, action or drama in them and not particularly within a particular genre. The reason I have not suggested 'bushcraft' films is that I felt this was probably a bit too specific for Hollywood - but maybe films that have strong elements of this in them.

So....what goes on this list? Deliverance? Southern Comfort? Touching the Void? The Postman? Flight of the Pheonix? Swiss Family Robinson? Robinson Crusoe? Castaway? Into the Wild? Heroes of Telemark? 2012?

Go on....indulge yourself...what's your Christmas top 10?

LBL

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Last of the Mohicans. Action, adventure, fightin', canoeing, superb cinematography, excellent soundtrack, two hot ladies and the question about what a Native First Nations non gender specific person carries on a journey will be answered too.

Cheers, Michael.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Jeremiah Johnson is available to download from iTunes for a fiver - if you need to scratch that particular bushcraft itch...

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Id go for last of the mohicans....

Could you argue that Joseph and Mary had a "bug out donkey" ready for the flight to egypt?

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
First Blood :D

More seriously, Dancing with Wolves captures the right spirit, I think.

Heads Up folks - Dances With Wolves is available for free download on BBC iPlayer at the moment. You'll need appropriate software to download (I use iPlayer Downloader for the Mac).

Tobes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE