Toddyshirt the build begins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
The build off begins :headbang:, i got the pattern from mary so whilst waiting for my wife to get some paper to copy the pattern i decided to get my patterns layed out on my nice tweed this will be lined but it hasn't turned up yet.

the only thing i couldn't do was get the pattern on the arms to be the correct way as i didn't get enough but a small detail and being out on the hill i don't think the deer will mind not being a fashion victim.
once layed out and drawn up i started the cuts:yikes::yikes:

and all finished i am now awaiting my lining material so can't go any further,

I will update the progress as i go but just to tease abit i am using roe antler for my toggles i have to do some alterations as it is a little on the long side so no biggy,Thanks mary and i will pass on the pattern, atb wayne

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like your tweed :D and you were right, that charcoal coloured wool flannel I used would have worked very well :)

There are two ways you can sew your lined shirt.
Either you sew the two layers together and work them as one, or, you sew two seperate shirts and stitch them together at hems, cuffs and collar.

Either will work, but the two seperate layers version means that you could effectively have a reversible shirt, as well as no seam edges showing inside at all.

atb,
M

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
thanks guys, Mary depending on the colour of this lining i have bought i might still go the route of the charcoal.
i have been mulling over the way to fix them and initially thought that i would sew the pieces together then make the top but the idea of doing two layers really appeals and eould really finish it off.
when i bought the tweed it looked in the picture to be really light almost like nomad gear but i am pleased it is darker as this will really blend in with scottish forestry as well as the open hill.
Mary were did you get the charcoal again as i might have to get it i think it would really set it off, atb wayne

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Great stuff mereside. Are you gonna take photos of the entire build, from beginning to end?
If its detailed enough for me to follow, i might have a go at it.
:You_Rock_

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
Thanks guys, yes i will take pics of everything as i go along and post for you all, i hope my liner comes mon so i can get all that cut out. I had a play on my machine with some off cuts and the tweed stitches really well after my last project of an underquilt which was a slippery sucker this should be ok to do, atb wayne

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
Lovely bit of schmutter.
Do you know the weight of the material?
Toddy, what sort of weight tweed should we be looking for if we are going down the tweed route?
Thanks in advance
Giles

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE