Today's boot market buys

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I got to the local boot market late today, the second stall had the bill hook well placed on show, now I'm thinking to myself, it must be too much money being asked, I was right, I walked away but you know what us guys are like with sharps, temptation took me back for a haggle, only got a pound knocked off but it will be happier in my collection with some friends to (hang out with). It has now been sharpened and cleaned up (20 minutes work) along with a little sanding to the handle and some tung oil and a bit of wax.
The little bow saw I just had to have, a fair price was asked so I paid and came home after having a chat with a few people that are regulars, I showed off a few wares and had some good feedback.
So what did you guys manage to get at today's boot market.
002-5.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice finds... I especially like the bow saw, it reminds me of the ones I used to use in woodwork class at school when I was a lot younger :rolleyes:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Can you remember that far back Mesquite. :lmao:
Looking at the blade on the bow saw, it has one turned wooden handle, do you think it should have two, as using it this way it would cut on the pull not the push.
I'm well happy with it anyway whatever.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Can you remember that far back Mesquite. :lmao:
Looking at the blade on the bow saw, it has one turned wooden handle, do you think it should have two, as using it this way it would cut on the pull not the push.
I'm well happy with it anyway whatever.

Well... it was 35 years ago :rolleyes::lmao:

The ones I used only handle but the simple solution if you want it to cut on the push is to turn the blade around :)

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I beet you there, 45 years ago for me.
I will turn it round as you say, also have a go at sharpening it as well.
I have only ever tried sharpening a saw once, that was a large bow saw as well.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like it as well Kepis mate, a bit of history there.
Did I need yet another bill hook! well I couldn't leave it there all on it's own.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE