To multi-tool using Bushcrafti!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
BIG-TARGET said:
What do you think????

It doesn't suit what he wants it for but it suits me fine.

Haven't had a problem with my Wave yet except the end of a jaw snapping off and this was replaced by Leatherman with an updated model in a week, free of charge! :super:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I am disappointed. According to Ron Hood his ATAX could do everything from gutting those alien, communist wolves to shooting down black helicopters. The Leatherman was a more robust update on the venerable Swiss Army Knife. Les Stroud did most of his fine survival series with a SAK, much to the horror of some ETS members ( we had a small assist in his series.) A leatherman and it's competition are neat tools on hand for expedient repairs. But expecting performance on par with a dedicated set of whitworth spanners, irish screwdrivers and files is a bit much. Personally I carry a set of fence pliers in my saddlebags, and cut barbed wire without mercy west of the Mississippi. :nana: "Oh give me land lots of land "neath the starry western sky, DON'T FENCE ME IN."

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I'm trying to recall all the LM tools I have:
Original LM
Pulse
Super Tool
Flair
Wave
XT
2 P4s
micra

The only real damage I ever did to one was mess up the edge on the serrated blade of the Super Tool while cutting through steel belted radial tires. The original I beat on relentlessly back in my diesel mechanic days and the Pulse was edc for years and used hard. Never had a problem. Not once.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Sorry I didn't mean to say I hate geber as a company. I've only heard good things about the way they handle repairs. What I don't like is the design of the multitools. Maybe I like leathermans becasue the guy will pop into the shop I get stuff from and see how they are doing. I've heard of lots of problems with the tools other then the pliers.
The swiss tool is heavy, it's built like a tank. It's also strong though. If the leatherman wave isn't strong enough for you I'd suggest getting a swisstool.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Hoodoo said:
The only real damage I ever did to one was mess up the edge on the serrated blade of the Super Tool while cutting through steel belted radial tires. ...

Weird coincidence - did exactly the same thing with my original SOG paratool !

I (still) like the wave best. The Gerber's have some clever bits - like the idea of a hardened wire cutter insert - but never seemed to have as good fit and finish as the Wave.

jstyles

Sep 24, 2004
Wirral, UK
www.freewebs.com
Interstingly - the 'Gadget Show' last week compared the Swiss Army knife with a Leatherman.

The SAK won! Surprised me! :yikes: It mainly won on the basis that its blade stayed sharper for longer!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
jstyles said:
Interstingly - the 'Gadget Show' last week compared the Swiss Army knife with a Leatherman.

The SAK won! Surprised me! :yikes: It mainly won on the basis that its blade stayed sharper for longer!

Doesn't totally surprise me. SAKs have always been top notch in my book. The only LM I carry anymore edc is the P4. I still like to have pliers handy. The rest I keep squirreled away in packs and glove compartments, etc.

I carry the P4 and the SAK Ranger in a homemade pouch on my hip. At work, I've never had a single question about it.

pouch1b.jpg

pouch4b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE