Titan smock help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I like the look of the Swedish snow smock but having trouble finding one, I know a few people with the Titan and they really rate them.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Get one, they are cheap enough and Im sure you can sell it or trade it on if you dont like it.

But you will like it...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Mean and Green only has them in massive sizes. By the time you've added in delivery, dye (£5+) and washing machine costs (need a couple of runs plus salt etc.) there isn't that much in it. Using natural dyes like tea or oak bark would lower the cost but as I found out from doing my blanket, it takes a long time & that ain't free!

Each to there own, I still prefer my Titan design. Sadly, however, they've told me they're not prepared to make them in green

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Mean and Green only has them in massive sizes. By the time you've added in delivery, dye (£5+) and washing machine costs (need a couple of runs plus salt etc.) there isn't that much in it. Using natural dyes like tea or oak bark would lower the cost but as I found out from doing my blanket, it takes a long time & that ain't free!

Each to there own, I still prefer my Titan design. Sadly, however, they've told me they're not prepared to make them in green

46 inches is not THAT big lol ,is it ?:)

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Go on then, Smugly, you order one in 46 inches. I'll wait here and see how you get on :)

na marra 46 is too small for me, i bought the 62 inch one from fact surplus last year and it fits belter over my winter getup of thermal top micro fleece and mob wool jumper with lots of room to move and breath ! p.s is that pg tips or any old tea ?:confused:

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I used Tesco Value teabags, about 160 of them (2 packets). I've got a stainless barrel with a big kerosene stove underneath so I can heat it properly for hours. I did a thread on it a while ago

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Mean and green dont have the 46 in stock only the 50 thats a bit too big for me is there any other places selling these, my google fu is not strong.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I can't believe people think these come up large. They are DESIGNED for a particular chest size wearing Arctic clothing as an outer jacket. Guess what? a 46 will come up a LOT bigger than a 46 you buy in Primark :rolleyes:

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I can't believe people think these come up large. They are DESIGNED for a particular chest size wearing Arctic clothing as an outer jacket. Guess what? a 46 will come up a LOT bigger than a 46 you buy in Primark :rolleyes:
I know they are designed to be worn over arctic layers I just was not sure about how much allowance was made for the under clothing, going to check for sizing now. Thanks.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
OK I took a look back through some of the threads I could find about the swedish snow smocks snd the sizing seems to be a little off. Are they pre shrunk or will they shrink on a hot wash?

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE