Tiny friend

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was wandering Mid Wales today and in a field I was walking whilst viewing farms there was a little fellow jumping around. Fairly certain he's a Goldcrest - tiny wee thing - smaller than a wren by my bird book. Real cutey too with no fear of me at all

Red

1619289629_9321cd0acc.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Yep, either a firecrest or a goldcrest....Prolly a goldcrest as they are pretty common. Can often be seen up in the tops of conifers, but more often heard with their high pitched squeeks....They are the UK's smallest bird..They are not too afraid of man either, so you can sometimes get quite close to them, but to get a shot of one takes some doing as they are pretty lively, so well done there Red....

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
No hummingbirds?

I had a couple Hummingbirds in my garden last week. At first I thought they were hornets because we had some out chasing locusts. But these guys had green heads and bellies. Cute as can be and not as big as your little finger.

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
You want to shoot them AAngel? :O and yes nice pic Red what zoom is on your camera to get a good shot as that or you just super sneaky?:p

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was wandering Mid Wales today and in a field I was walking whilst viewing farms there was a little fellow jumping around. Fairly certain he's a Goldcrest - tiny wee thing - smaller than a wren by my bird book. Real cutey too with no fear of me at all

Red

Nice shot Red - is that the increasingly rare One-Legged Goldcrest variety ??? :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No Shewie - but I tell you what - even with the secret herbs and spices it wasn't much of a drumstick ;)

Cal - that was about 8x I think - I have 10x optical on my compact - more on the SLR of course but at much over 10x you need a tripod to be honest

Red

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
You want to shoot them AAngel? :O and yes nice pic Red what zoom is on your camera to get a good shot as that or you just super sneaky?:p

Heh heh good one...even if i was geting an SLR i think 7.62mm would be a touch of overkill for this little chap:eek:

For the more literal amongst us:rolleyes: ;) :p i shall rephrase....

"Great shot Red...i can't wait until i get my Canon EOS 5D Digital single lens refles camera!!!"

:tapedshut

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE