Time to say hello..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brynbach

Mar 1, 2005
North Wales
So glad I found this community while looking for bushcraft courses a few days ago - have been lurking for a few days but have already found so much of use.

Used Alick's Alternative Charcloth Tutorial and my 9 yo son lit his first fire with a firesteel and new charcloth on Monday :cool:

I live on the Llyn Penisula in N Wales where we keep poultry for eggs and meat, grow willow for baskets etc and teach my son at home. I'm a self confessed knife nut as SHMBO will testify with a sigh and a shrug. Also interested in astronomy, green woodwork and knots.

The three of us have enrolled on one of Mike Jarmain's courses at Cambrian Survival - The Family Basic Weekend - at the end of July. It's a new course - I'll let you know how it goes.

Feel better now :)
Cheers
brynbach

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hello and welcome. Any questions you have feel free to ask, and surely someone will know the answer. :wave:

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
Welcome.
Please use the site to its full and make new friends along the way.
See you a one of the Moots maybe.
I'm still trying to convince my wife to come along with the children.

Dave :biggthump

brynbach

Mar 1, 2005
North Wales
hootchi said:
Thats a cool name, where did it come from? :biggthump
The name of my house is one of the squillion Bryn Ffynnons in Wales. It means Hill Spring. There is a slate sided sump in one of my fields where this end of the settlement used to get their water before mains arrived.

Bach in welsh is a word that literally means 'small' but is used as a term of affection (a diminutive in posh language).

So in web world I'm 'small hill' :lol: strange but true.

Cheers
BB

brynbach

Mar 1, 2005
North Wales
Thanks to all for the welcome.

Hootchi - glas in welsh is blue - would you be dark and blue :?: What would that mean :naughty:

Cheers
BB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE