time spent in the woods ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

how much time do you spend in the woods

• once a month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • every other month

• once or twice a season

• Total voters

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i was wondering just how much time peaple get to spend out doors
i work out side so spend most of the time out but dont actualy get out camping more than 6 to 8 time a year so how much time do you all spend out in the woods ?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'm lucky enough to have mountains and woodland not 5mins walk from my doorstep. I'm often (about 3-4 times a week) out walking just for the day and probably camp out about 2-3 times a month for a night or more..... Even going to my mums intails a 12 mile walk through the foothills of the Brecon Beacons.... So yes... I spend alot of time in the outdoors....

:)
Ed

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have a large park near me, I'm alway in the woods there (every day) but if your talking "Wild Woods" about one or twice a month if i'm lucky :-(

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i work 5 days on and five days off so when im off i`m out most of the time , i also have 18 acres at work to play with

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
oh.... :-( modern life...

not anywhere like enough!

combining work weekends, kids and family means no bushcraft!

all work and no bushcraft makes johnny a very sad boy! :twisted:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Never enough, although during the shooting season I walk through a lot of woodland most weekends, just not staying out in it overnight!

Dave

JimFSC

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2004
Isle of Wight
Well I'm moving to the Isle of Wight next weekend :-D and plan to spend plenty of time on the Estuary, beaches, in forests and on hills! However as I no longer teach outdoors :cry: I can't spend as much time outside as I'd like, however as a school teacher I get lovely long holidays :) . Last summer I camped for 7 weeks staight, plus I camp all year round at least 1 weekend a month, often 2 :) . So according to my diary last year I spent... 81 nights camping out :shock:! Wow! Plus days out walking (especially when I was living in Aberdare) add to that I don't drive and so walk an average of 3 miles a day anyway...Well lots of time camping and walking but not so much time in actual woodland.... :soapbox:
Well enough ranting bye!
Blue Sky!
Jim.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I did a simelar calculation for the camping I've done/planning to do so far this year. So far I'm on 11 nights, which will be up to 23 by the end of August. Then comes my favourite time of year for camping... autumn (Where I've got nothing finalised yet, but have plans...).

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I’ve been lucky enough to camp out the last two Friday night’s, it’s been gorgeous weather in the South.

As with a lot of people, I’d like to be in the woods more often, but I’d say I get the chance at least every other weekend.

JimFSC

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2004
Isle of Wight
Hmmmmm... let me see, well so far this year I've done 7 weekends camping, only going for 3 weeks this summer (N.Yorkshire Moors) but hoping to get to the BCUK meetup as well :-D .

Now that gives me an idea :idea: , how about a Who's out where page so we can see (surprise surprise) who is out and where they are :shock: ?

Could be handy for coming up with new places to camp/ advice on terrain etc. Any chance of a map with (flashing!) dots to show where each member is currentlycamping??!!! :naughty: Now that would be cool :cool:
...................... :0:
Blue Sky,
Jim.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I get about 3-4 weeks per year backpacking and canoeing. I spend another 10+ weeks per year living in a pop up camper. Eight of those weeks are mostly associated with my work with the US Forest Service. Then for about half the year, I probably average out about 1/3 of the weekends hiking, fishing, birding, and hunting.

This is my home away from home:

hungerfordcampsite1b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE