Time for a bigger tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hi all,

I was hammocking this weekend, and the shocking weather on Sunday has left me thinking it is time for a larger tarp. Don't get me wrong, I stayed dry, but the living space under mt 3M x 3M dd tarp was starting to feel a little restricive!

My mate had the DD XL tarp, a nice 4.5M x 3M, and I was very impressed.

I was wondering though, before I go ahead and get an XL, are there any other larger tarps that you peeps like/use?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got the DD XL and it's long enough to close both ends up like a tent, even around a hammock:

6bb5f1cb.jpg

I did some ground dwelling in it last time and it was like being in a spacious tent. If they ever come back in stock again, buy some Alpkit mini clippers

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hmmm, thanks for the info guys. I think so far, purely from a budget perspective, the DD XL is winning.

Useful pic there spandit, cheers. I have some cheap biners I got from the 99p store that I use, I am assuming they are similar to the mini clippers?

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
DD have just started doing a 4x4m tarp too.

It's available in green...they've stopped doing the multicam for the foreseeable future (shame, 'cos I like to blend in) but introduced a new 'coyote' colour in the regular & small sizes.

I'm saving up my pennies for the 4x4 as it will take myself and my two boys easily.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE