Tibetan Fire Set

Wayland

Hárbarðr
(I posted this first in the wrong forum so here it is again for all to see.)

Following on from making my new belt I thought I'd finish off another bit of kit I've had hanging around.

Tibetan_Fire_Steel.jpg

Two years or so ago I picked up a Tibetan fire steel and had a look at a pouch too. Sadly I couldn't afford both at the time.

I did the leatherwork for it at the moot a couple of years ago while I could still remember how the pouch was made but it's taken me a while to get around to making the brass furnishings, inspired by the brass work attached to the steel.

The tinderbox is from Nepal which was the closest I could get to the neighbourhood.

Hope you like it.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Very nice indeed.

Any chance of a pic showing the inside of the pouch and the contents of the tinder box pls :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Very nice indeed.

Any chance of a pic showing the inside of the pouch and the contents of the tinder box pls :)

Tibetan_pouch_2.jpg

Very Nice i must say, What technique did you use to craft the brass ?

The techniques I used were based on old Viking Age stuff that I use in my silver working demos but simple stamp and chisel work like this is found all over the world.

I use steel punches that have a design cut into the ends and hardened chisels for the cut through sections.

This is the usual sort of thing I'm making.

Brooch.jpg

That's really superb Wayland. That's got to be museum replica standard.

There are one or two Museums with my stuff in them.
Whistlin.gif

I can remember you walking around sewing it up, it's come out looking good.

Topknot.

I'm quite pleased with it I must admit.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE