Thunderstorm...............

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
2.30 this morning a thunderstorm arrived & since I had to get up to unplug certain electrical appliances & the telephone I thought I might as well take a couple of vids,so off I went wth dog & camera, to film what I consider to be one of nature's most exciting spectacles........I was hoping for a twister as the conditions were right but nada..............it didn't even cool the air down, 25°C at 8.00 this morning & 33°C expected this afternoon.Not a breath of wind either.:(
Anyway here is the first as the storm approached. there are a few others & if you want to see more you only have to ask.....;)...best to use headphones & watch on full screen for the ultimate experience.:D As usual, it was much more dramatic in situ than on film.

[video=youtube_share;B-FZeUHQYZ8]http://youtu.be/B-FZeUHQYZ8[/video]

Last edited:

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Nice video and thanks for sharing. This really is the wonder of nature. I remember managing to capture a big thunderstorm on video whilst on holiday in Florida a few years ago. It was really awe inspiring.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
You know the lightning bolt that hit Manchester Picadilly this week? I had just got of the train and was rounding the corner at the bottom of Oxford Road station and just put my head phones in, heard a almighty bang and thought oh bugger some one has just blew up the train station. I looked round an every one was looking at the sky an pointing, turns out it just blew out a signal box but it caused merry hell on my way home my boss let me out a hour early and I still got home at the normal time all the trains where running oddly delayed by seemingly random times.

Great video, especially the massive flash around 40secs. :)

Only had minor thunder and lightning here over the past few days. Managed to see a few bolts to the north after work today but the thunder passed right by us, so short lived.

I still remember a thunderstorm when I was a kid, which was really intense and amazing to watch. Never seen anything like it since.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
i always get such a buzz when i see a big thunderstorm. i remember a real big one on the 23rd may 1998 (my brothers 13th birthday and my fav family holiday as a kid). there were huge lightning strikes travelling horizontally across the sky about a mile away. we could feel a static charge in the air as it got closer and each one lit up the hilltop campsite we were staying on like it were daylight. gets me excited just thinking about it. i've been waiting for a storm like that to happen again ever since

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE