Thrudark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I own a few of their baseball caps and I have a thrudark echelon g1 jacket, it's more of a BDU shirt but a lot more hard wearing/heavy duty. It's waterproof in showers but not a proper downpour.

It's a better quality than anything else similar, or so I have found.

I'm a sucker for multicam black though.

Reactions: TeeDee

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have to say I have an aversion to so called hi tech gear these days, it never lives up to the hype and is expensive to buy and to replace when it wears out. These days I am back to old school army surplus and a sewing needle to make repairs where needed. I pretty much wear clothes to destruction and these hi tech materials simply wear out too quickly never mind the environmental cost. If I pay over the odds for my clothes I would rather pay for quality craftsmanship and attention to detail than fancy design. It is not exactly as if I am an elite athlete who wants to shave the last ounce off my kit for performance is it?

Reactions: MikeLA and gg012

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
True. Maybe this waterproof might be one of those very rare occasions? I once tried an Arcteryx Alpha jacket and managed to make it un-waterproof and look very shabby after using it for just one Alpine season. I was told it was a 'batch problem'. Other, simpler waterproofs have lasted better but still go the way of all things in a few years. Perhaps their 'Raid' coat will do the job for longer?
I think it may well have been a batch problem with your Alpha. I bought one secondhand about 17 years ago & it still looks bomb proof. The only issue it has had is the taping is now becoming detached from the seams. Must try & get it repaired because it looks easily capable of another 17 years.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Must remind everyone of the kids story of the kings clothes!
We are so commercially driven these days that companies do take advantage and unless we use common sense and think about a purchase first or shop around or get an equally good alternative we will pay higher prices.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
One of the lads in work is a proper Thrudark fan boy, so have seen a good few of their garments from jackets to trousers, base layers to hoodies and a few other bits and bobs.

Although they are very good quality garments they are no better than Helikon tex's versions of similar items in my opinion, and for a fraction of the price.

I'd be scared to wear them if I had paid £230 for a pair of trousers and £600 for a jacket!

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE