Thoroughly scunnered :sigh:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm scunnered sick of this weather :sigh:
I'm trying to tidy up my Uncle's garden (he's 89, dodgy knee and hip) after all the winds brought down leaves and branches like Autumn, and trying to redd out my own flowerbeds.
So far this morning I have been soaked to the skin three times :(
and, I've got a Summer cold :sigh: alternatively sneezing and drowning.
Every time I get started, the tools and the bags out, and am getting on with it, the wind comes up, the sky clouds over and down comes the rain, again.

Put the kettle on :)

M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I know what you mean... I'm trying to dry my tarps from the weekend but only have room to hang one at a time.

Managed to get the first one dried out nicely, the next one was virtually dry when the heavens opened and I got soaked bring it in :( I reckon the tarp is wetter that when I started :tapedshut

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Have a cuppa , {maybe a lemsip}:coffee: feet up for a bit ,things are allways better after that ! dont let i get you down:):hatscarf:

Jason

rancid badger

Same was happening to me on my last days off! Every time I tried to put my new tent up in the garden; it either wee'd down or the wind would spring up out of nowhere again. I managed to pitch it for a few hours however!:camping:

I also lost my new, full width, 25mm thick, closed cell foam kneeling mat from my canoe! it was tight as a tick across the floor and jammed under the gunwhales of the boat, so seemed secure enough. I popped out to take a picture during the gales last week and it was gone!

I'm hoping for decent weather from Thursday, at least over in Dumfries anyway. Me and our lad are heading back across to Loch Ken with the boats, till Sunday-weather permitting;)

Don't mind the rain so much but we'll have to re-think if its going to be blowing.

chin up!

atb

Steve

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Supposely the weather's to be good this weekend :D
That said, it was 'supposedly' going to be good today too :rolleyes:

It was just one of those days when I'd cleared the decks to be getting on with sorting out the gardens, I'd even gotten Son2 to agree to come up and rake all the tattered leaves and twigs off the big front lawn at his G.Uncle's, then it poured :sigh:

Sod's law. It's Scotland, "Don't like the weather ? hang on, there'll be another kind along shortly.".....maybe that should be the UK :)

cheers,
M

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Sorry your not well Toddy. It's pretty nice up here in Royal Deeside- a few clouds but roasting in the sun! Pity I'm in waiting for a delivery (which might not even come today) as would like to be out with the wee one on the new cycle trails at Potarch, just up the road.

Hope your cold improves soon.

KP

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sod's law. It's Scotland, "Don't like the weather ? hang on, there'll be another kind along shortly.".....maybe that should be the UK :)

Right... the sun has peeked it's face out behind the clouds so the tarp is back up and drying... fingers crossed it'll get dry this time :rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yep :)

Hear? I had lunch at the Pillars of Hercules café last week :cool: it was very good, they even have gluten free vegan cheese toasties :D
The coffee is excellent and the shop is full of Mary type foods :)

cheers,
M

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I know, it's gonna be good. We'll be living in the flat above the cafe and I'll have the farm to work in, the estate to play and then the regional park to play in.

Natural woodland, 5 acre stands of blueberries, ceps, sustainable businesses everywhere, folk pubs and clubs, waterfalls, mountain bike tracks, fishing burns, organic meat from the estate farm. sigh. ;)

The only thing the place needs is a brewery.... now where's Dunc?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I went away for the weekend to the Welsh borders and came back with a dry tarp.......

Well I went away and came back with a personalised Bushcraft Betty birthday card which is proudly on display in my living room :cool: so a couple wet tarps was worth it :rolleyes:

Care to top that John?:rofl:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know, it's gonna be good. We'll be living in the flat above the cafe and I'll have the farm to work in, the estate to play and then the regional park to play in.

Natural woodland, 5 acre stands of blueberries, ceps, sustainable businesses everywhere, folk pubs and clubs, waterfalls, mountain bike tracks, fishing burns, organic meat from the estate farm. sigh. ;)

The only thing the place needs is a brewery.... now where's Dunc?

Sounds brilliant Rob :)

If Gregorach can come up with a decent gluten free and vegan ale or sweet stout like brew I'd be delighted. I don't drink much, but a glass of something like that after a day when you've worked hard and sweated out every grumble, now that would be good :D

M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well I went away and came back with a personalised Bushcraft Betty birthday card which is proudly on display in my living room :cool: so a couple wet tarps was worth it :rolleyes:

Care to top that John?:rofl:

.........................no...................................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE