Thornproof or Silkoyl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Hi There,

I was going to buy a barbour bedale jacket but i'm not sure the diffrence between the Classic Bedale (silkoyl) and the bedale jacket in thornproof, i know there are allot of barbour wearers here, anyone know the difference???

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
WAX COTTON
Barbour Wax Cotton materials are all manufactured exclusively to our their own unique specification. The material is made from finest 100% long stable Egyptian Cotton and is treated with special oil and wax to ensure it is totally wind and waterproof. It is available in heavy or medium weight finishes and can easily be reproofed.

SYLKOIL
Many of Barbour's jackets are made using the original proofing formula, which John Barbour called 'Sylkoil'. It is soft, flexible and non-sticky oil proofed natural Cotton that drapes superbly, bringing extra workability to the tailoring and cut, and gives more comfort and style to the wearer. It is available in heavy or medium weight finishes.

Hope this helps:)

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
In a nutshell the sylkoil is less greasy, more flexible and has an almost suede-like matt finish to it.

The standard wax cotton is more rigid, oily to the touch and has a slight sheen finish to it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE