Thistle Garments - Military Spec Gore tex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Hi Guys and Gals

I know I am a newbie here, I have been watching and benifting from the wealth of experience here, I would just like to give you a shout to a Gore Tex Jacket from www.thistlegarments.co.uk . They make Gore Tex clothing direct for the military. I just thought that the olive green royal navy jacket might be useful to you. Although I have not field tested it yet the build quality seems much better than any other jacket at the price. £69.99 + pp

All the best to you all.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Hmmmmm. I wonder.............

I would tend to agree. Nevertheless I do have experience of the jacket. The initial roll out of G'tex was a heavy weight jacket with high abrasion resistance. As soon as the 'pusser' found out that they worked and people liked them they changed to a lighter weight fabric. It was still a good jacket, 1000's of times better than its predecessor but of a lighter more easily ripped fabric. It was not a very refined jacket as other modern ones would be but simple and it worked. The trousers were good too especially if you could get the heavier fabric.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Thanks SCOMAN.

It will be interesting to see how the jacket fares, it seems Ok. Once I have given it a few outings I will post a review. I was looking for an Olive green gore tex and the berghaus etc. was out of my price range, I know I could have got some surplus ones but as it is my first goretex I thought I would treat myself to a new one.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Thanks tiger stacker.

Kinda wished I would have waited for April didn't realise they have a sale. Doh. But I needed this one for a charity walk I am doing in April (Greensand Ridge), but if I like the one I've got I may get another for work I am self employed gardener so it would get some proper testing.

All the best

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Forgot to mention, walk in the door ask nicely to view their stock, hey presto purchase off the rack.
The jacket i bought looks like a smock, yet kept me dry despite Newton Stewarts finest downpours.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Good advice, with a bit of politeness and general good attitude there could be a discount to be had. Bit far for me though I am based in Bedfordshire, but I will be definately be keeping an eye out for their sale, thanks.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
Wish I could, by the time I have travelled, what with the price of diesel I could get a Mountain Equipment goretex, I have been keeping a close eye on Thistle and their website seems very static, google has it as cached, I am sad if they have gone under, I was quite proud to have something manufactured in the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE