This fellow built a Tree in his daughter's bedroom :D

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That is cool! But what I really would like is to built the bedroom in a tree!

amazing-treehouses-4.jpg

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Blimey, he's belt and braced that one!

I used to work occasionally with a crew that built fake rock formations, castles, trees... pretty much anything... mostly for amusement parks. We mainly used a condense foam to sculpt the surface, and timbers underneath... only time we'd do a steel frame like that is if there was any type of weight going over the top of people's heads.

Beautifully finished though... love all the touches with the birds nest and the fairy ball. Bet he's a hero in that household now!

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Never mind the tree i wish i'd had a Dad like that :cool:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Blimey, he's belt and braced that one!

I used to work occasionally with a crew that built fake rock formations, castles, trees... pretty much anything... mostly for amusement parks. We mainly used a condense foam to sculpt the surface, and timbers underneath... only time we'd do a steel frame like that is if there was any type of weight going over the top of people's heads.

Beautifully finished though... love all the touches with the birds nest and the fairy ball. Bet he's a hero in that household now!

Well yeah, he does have weight going on the branches - his daughter. :D

"My daughter wanted a fairy tree in her room that she could sit inside and read books, climb the branches, and also have a top sitting area."

DogRose

Forager
Apr 19, 2015
Isle of Wight
That is so cool. Loads of work though with the steel skeleton, I was guessing it would have a timber structure. Impressive skills!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Well yeah, he does have weight going on the branches - his daughter. :D

"My daughter wanted a fairy tree in her room that she could sit inside and read books, climb the branches, and also have a top sitting area."

Fair enough, but there is nothing that could not have been done faster and cheaper with timber that would have supported the weight of a kid, or even an adult.

Mind you, perhaps I shouldn't comment because any minute now comes the comments that I'm knocking what he's achieved, or I shouldn't comment until I've built one myself... pretty much the same as when I commented on a shelter some random YouTuber built..... but there you go... nevermind...

Yeah... nobody with any experience of building these things need comment or join in... just say its nice and move along. We're not here to join in... just say its cool... or pick a pedantic point on someone else's comment... thats the way.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah Dewi sheesh you tell yourself :lmao:damn sharing opinions like you do

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT and I had a discussion about this.
I think it's ridiculously over engineered and convoluted. Himself says the man's an artist and used to working with those materials.

Me ? I'd have built it out of wood. Might have covered it in fabric, but I wouldn't have use a metal armature…..but then I'm not an 'artist', I'm a Mum :D

I still think it's pretty cool :D

M

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Fair enough, but there is nothing that could not have been done faster and cheaper with timber that would have supported the weight of a kid, or even an adult.

Mind you, perhaps I shouldn't comment because any minute now comes the comments that I'm knocking what he's achieved, or I shouldn't comment until I've built one myself... pretty much the same as when I commented on a shelter some random YouTuber built..... but there you go... nevermind...

Yeah... nobody with any experience of building these things need comment or join in... just say its nice and move along. We're not here to join in... just say its cool... or pick a pedantic point on someone else's comment... thats the way.

YOu not feeling the love at the mo? :D

I expect that he's overbuilt it like that out of ignorance. I bet he didn't know he could have done it faster in a diffrent way and just went off and learnt to weld and cracked on.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, as soon as shes a teen and her friends sniff disdainfully (out of jelousy rather than distaste, I bet) she will want rid of it.

Or rip it out herself...Perhaps why its metal rather than wood...

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Yes, as soon as shes a teen and her friends sniff disdainfully (out of jelousy rather than distaste, I bet) she will want rid of it.

Or rip it out herself...Perhaps why its metal rather than wood...

If her Dad installed a suitable wi-fi connection within the trunk it should be OK for a while. And what a cracking place for the future boyfriends to hide!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE