Think it's raining...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Just been watching the storm from my bedroom window.. lots of thunder, a few flashes of lightning.. and just a "teeny bit" of rain here ;)

20140609_133253.jpg

The entire back garden flooded in about 5 minutes, and our garage is now resembling more of a paddling pool :) No wonder the cat was begging to come in ;) Still, all bright sunshine again now.. lets hope that's the last of it!

Rachael x

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We had it in Pontefract a couple of hours ago, nice and sunny again now though

I'm so glad I spent yesterday painting the garden wall

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sodden wet again :rolleyes:
I got soaked three times yesterday, and twice so far today. Our front path is running like a burn.

Stay safe :)

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Really sodden wet again :rolleyes: Just been out to feed the birds, and I'm stood there out in the open with the feeders open, and the tubs open, and the heavens opened :rolleyes:

My brother and SIL are in the UK just now, they live in Australia, but he's over for a conference; it would be really nice if just once they came to visit me and Scotland basked in sunshine, just for a change :)
They look in appalled horror as we run taps and the like.....and then I point out that there's a reason Scotswomen have brollies (plural) that even HMtheQ has ones to match every outfit, and that the Isles grow green and lush :D and there's the drookitest squirrel I have ever seen trying to steal the apple from the bird feeder right now :lmao:
We're a matched pair I suspect :D

atb,
M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I haven't walked on dry ground in the woodland hereabouts for the past three years, it's boots and gaiters all the time; the odd time now and then it looks set fair to dry out a bit, but down it comes again.........and again...............and more of it! It's not so much that I mind much walking in the rain, I don't as I've got the kit for it, but slipping and sliding about the place on wet roots and rocks my legs and ankles take a battering and the house and car seem always to be full of damp stuff drying......

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The thing is, people seem to expect that from mid May to mid September there will be no rain at all. The only year in my 45 years of life that even approached that was 1976, and that was the worst drought in living memory in this country and people were begging for rain within a few weeks. In this country we have always had summer rain, especially thunderstorms. The only thing surprising about it is that people who have lived here all their lives still seem surprised when it happens each year.

As Mary says, there is a reason that this country is so lush and green.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
1234358_419970338107270_1257216060_n.jpg

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland

I'm amazed that telegraph poles and cars magically appear in the middle of the lake in the middle picture as well as the wind and rain.....

I've been at the beach [swimming - yes in the north sea] and at the park for the last couple of days - most of the rain has happened later in the evening / over night for me.... [feeling smug now]

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
our house was struck by lightning and all the sockets flashed. only thing buggered was the NIC on me pc, so couldn't get on the internet. we have dodgy electricity where we live (no mains gas, no mains water and barely a phone line) that is off and on as it is so was worried about it doing some more permanent damage to the wiring. we had to have a full survey on our house as its so old when we bought it for the mortgage including a flood survey and even though theres a river to the end of the field on our land we'll hopefully never be flooded.

the rain comes, then stops as soon as it starts and brilliant sunshine. crazy.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm amazed that telegraph poles and cars magically appear in the middle of the lake in the middle picture as well as the wind and rain.....

LOL. Me too. Just goes to show how powerful the wind was! But that's not a lake; it's a small bay.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE