Thin paracord or paracord-like cord

pace

Sep 6, 2006
Woodley, Reading
Afternoon,

Years ago I picked up some olive green cord from an army surplus. It consists of a woven exterior like paracord, but dozens of loose inner strands rather than the 7 woven inner strands of paracord. It is a lot thinner than paracord, perhaps 2mm across if that.

I haven't any idea what weight it will take, but I would guess over 100lb and have never had it break. It's so much more useful to me than paracord (overkill for most of my uses). Trouble is, it's run out.

It is fairly similar to the thinner core being sold at the bushmoot shop.

Anyone know what it's called or where I can get a 100m or so cheapish?

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
A company called 5staredc on ebay sell type 1 Paracord, approx 2mm in size, I use it on my tarp for guy lines and for dummy cords. Reasonable postage cost from the US and comes in a variety of colours. Here's a link to their ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Five-Star-EDC?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Usual caveat: I do not work for the aforementioned company, I am only a customer who has had good experiences with the seller.

pace

Sep 6, 2006
Woodley, Reading
Thanks all, none quite what I had I don't think, but all good alternatives. back from the bushmoot one day and already planning an outing to an army surplus to stock up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE