Thin cordage?

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Does anyone now of a reasonable priced outlet for thin [~2mm] cord?

Preferable olive green / brown sort of colours?

Thanks

Drew

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
how about 3-strand nylon or polyester? surely thats gota be cheeper, plenty strong enough and you could perminately splice it to your tarp:)

pete

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Also do a search for "comms cord" As I remember it was 2mm olive green cord on a reel... used it in the mob for hundreds of applications.....funnily enough not as comms cord :D

how about 3-strand nylon or polyester? surely thats gota be cheeper, plenty strong enough and you could perminately splice it to your tarp:)

I wouldn't splice it to my tarp in case I needed to pack it whilst wet - as the cordage takes a lot longer to dry than the tarp itself. If it's tied on, it also provides me with more flexibility with my kit in case I find myself in an unplanned situation.

This is not a criticism, purely my own view.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
I make my own plant fibre cordage in whatever size I need, it does not come any less expensive than that. Cordage is easy to make and reasonable fast once you get the hang of it. When I am constructing a more permanent primitive shelter in the woods I make my own cordage on the spot. I have also made fishing line.
Le Loup.

wow good on ya!:) tbh i don't think there are many people on here that have the skill and patience to make their own cord, well not a large amounts anyway.

pete

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
I bought a roll of 3mm reflective tent guy line of e bay a while ago for under £10
its very strong and has the added advantage of catching the light from headlamps so people dont walk into them.

In my opinion paracord is massive overkill for rigging tarps and the like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE