Thickest, warmest wool socks, who makes 'em!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not impressed. I will be contacting Bootsville and referring them to this thread.

I got this response John.

hello
very sorry they are not in good new condition, we have now come to the end of these so the last few must have been used, we have already sent the second order for you, please let me know when you get it and if all 8 pairs are this bad, i will refund you in full for each pair that you are not happy with, hope this is ok for you?
sorry for the hassle

Thats a fair response from Bootesville.
Ive told them I want a refund. If they want their stanky socks back they can have a courier collect.
I have better things to do with my time, and petrol.
However, if they do refund I'll still leave them positive feedback.
All of mine are stained. Some less than others. But all are stained and worn, and the wool has been pulled.Its either wet leather staining from boots, or some squaddie ran out of loo roll.
Thing is 3 pairs are not even pairs! One sock is short and fat, and the other is long and thin!

Edit: Bootesville has resolved it satisfactorily. Less hassle the better afaiac.

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Dave, I too have had a response. Like you I will be happy if the next pair are fine and will not feel the need to leave negative feedback.

"'hello, very sorry one pair are disgusting, we are now coming to the end of these and its seems our dispatch dept are sending all the horrible pairs that we have left, please do put them in the bin and i will get a good pair sent for you in a different colour, hope thats ok'

If you're satisfied with this solution, you can let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Centre. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to send the seller a message with a solution that you'd be happy with."

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
It seems like an honest mistake and they have replied with a resolution.

I know it must be a right pain for Dave, but they are trying to put it right.

forestschoolmatlot

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2013
Wiltshire
Bridgedale Summit socks are the best for comfort and warmth.

Used them on exercise during two Norwegian winters never had a blister even in new ski boots and feet where always roasting even when static at -30!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
ajuny9ut.jpg

Not the thickest. But by eck are they warm .....too warm at moment...
qu9eqyba.jpg

Fox River merinos are toasty aswell...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE