thermos bottle

D

dakrido

hi all,
i'm looking for a real strong thermos bottle.
ive done some searches, and stanley bottles keeps on coming up as the better once.
anyone any experience or better ideas?
thanx
david

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I have a half-litre wide-necked Aladin. It's real solid (stainless steel not glass) and is great for food -- there's even a folding spoon hidden in the lid.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
My Stanley gave up in month.
Ive had 3 aladdins that the tops started leaking after a year.
The heavy duty thermos lasted a week.
All my cheap ones have broken.
All 3 of my normal thermos's are still working fine. One is 8 years old.
Its so dented, it doesnt stand up any more and has more dents than straight bits. It still keeps my coffee scalding hot for hours though.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've had the same Aladdin flask for about 22 years and it's still going strong...apart from I lost the cup!

It has been used on building sites, TA exercises, camping and for picnics. It has a few battle scars, but still gets used regularly.

DSC00406.jpg

A couple of years ago I needed a smaller flask, so bought a smaller version and rate that highly too (and the cup fits my old one:D).

Simon

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I have the widemouth stanley alladin food flask. I used to carry it in my pack in the dark and distant past. It weighs a lot and is solid but the base and the welded seam at the top started to go a little rusty I think. I have it in the cupboard and haven't used it for about 12 years. I think it is the 24 oz one.

BTW check out the following link if you need a new cup for your flask or indeed want to get one. Just found it trying to find the manufacturer's site (couldn't find the manufacturer's site).

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/index.php?manufacturers_id=65&sort=2a&view_all=1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE