Thermarest Tech Blanket & Fitted Sheet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I wanted to show you a 'different' type of sleep system that is lightweight, good (so far...) for summer use, not that expensive, and useful for 'hot' sleepers like me.

The combnation is a Thermarest air mattress, the Thermarest Tech Blanket and Thermarest Fitted Sheet.

Although I use it with a Thermarest Guide Light mattress, basically, this can be used with any air mattress that has similar dimensions.

16advso.jpg

The Tech Blanket stuffs into its own pocket and the sheet into a small cloth bag. Both weight next to nothing and don't take up a lot of space.

The fitted sheet slides onto the Thermarest and has a small reinforced hole for the mouthpiece. The elastic straps on the bottom pull the sheet taught and also stop it from moving around then you lie on it - they are slightly 'sticky'.

ok4hhx.jpg

There are a number of poppers around 3 sides of the sheet and, on one side, the poppers are on black tabs. This allows you to link two Thermarests together using the fitted sheets.

2a6qd5u.jpg

The Tech Blanket is then clipped onto the poppers and a drawstring at the bottom cinches it closed around the feet.

28lb9c1.jpg

To get in/out, you can either un-pop one side and then do it up again, or just slide in from the top.

I like this system as there is much more room to spread your legs out than in a sleeping bag - indeed you could undo one side completely and leave it open. So, if you sleep on your side (like me) this is less restrictive.

It is also fantastic in warm weather as it is so easy to vent. You could unclip any side you want (bottom, left, right), depending on how you want to sleep.

I tested it out in my tent the other night. It was 14-15 deg C outside and I was fine (I sleep pretty warm). If I had felt cold, I'd have either put some clothes on or got into my stretchy Meraklon bag liner which adds another season of warmth.

The system could be used in a hammock, either by partially deflating the mattress so it conforms better to the hammock shape, or just by using an underblanket and then useing the tech blanket as a quilt.

This is not a cold weather system! You'd be daft to use it as such.

It is also a small, lightweight pack up for when you spend a night at a mate's house, or if you're travelling.

A versatile little system. Works for me!

Got mine from Rutland Cycles: £30.99 for Tech Blanket and £13.49 for fitted sheet.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks Mike,

I'd not heard of them before - interesting. I think I need to scout around the net to find their dimentions to see if my Fat Aryic will fit and if the blanket is big enough for my, er, bulk! Could just be what I've been looking for.

Cheers

Andy

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I like that I'm going to try it using an army summer bag.I'll use it as two layers to see how warm it is.The summer bag compresses really small but I'm not sure how warm two layers will be.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
There are a number of poppers around 3 sides of the sheet and, on one side, the poppers are on black tabs. This allows you to link two Thermarests together using the fitted sheets.

Just a thought, how easy is it to link two mats and blankets together like a double bed? Does the tech blanket popper together too?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Just a thought, how easy is it to link two mats and blankets together like a double bed? Does the tech blanket popper together too?

Not sure you'd be able to to link two mats and also get the fitted sheets on because of the straps that go round the sleeping mats. I expect you could popper the two blankets together ... I'll have to have a look.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Not sure you'd be able to to link two mats and also get the fitted sheets on because of the straps that go round the sleeping mats. I expect you could popper the two blankets together ... I'll have to have a look.

Took the plunge and got one. The answer is, yes, two can be joined together with the press studs. (there's even a diagram on the packaging).
I can see this being ideal for the Tipi, except really cold weather.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
You can just undo the poppers and/or draw cord at the bottom and your feet will stick out!

Haven't seen any comparison with the US poncho - I got the the Thermarest stuff as I had a Thermarest mat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE