the woodcraft folk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i was in the norwich branch of the woodcraft folk for a while as a child.
i know chap called phil that runs a group (it might be the same one!) but haven't seen him for a while.

JimFSC

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2004
Isle of Wight
I camp with Forest School Camps, an organisation very similar to the Woodcraft folk- indeed set up originally by woodcraft folk as well as other people and we still have links between the 2 organisations.

Blue Sky, Jim.

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
i was in the woodcraft folk for many years and loved every single camp i went on. (they cook on an open fire, no gas!) the woodcraft folk is a great organisation that unfortunately not many people know about which is a shame, becuase i think that in some ways it is better for kids than cubs or scouts, becuase it promotes co-coperation with everybody. basically in my experience it is run by people who were in the 70's, hippies.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
i helped do the bog squad and camp service crew for an event they held at walesby forest scout camp in 2001 great bunch apart from small minority who attacked the vending machines one night . they wanted to promote the saveing of energy themed camp some fantastic shower combinations and why how many compost areas. Good Bunch.

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
the last camp that i went on was on saving energy, i was about 12 at the time. there was a workshop on how to make a soar panal at home for your shower in the summer. but the ironic thing was that they had set up some internet cafes and where using genterators to power them (i think that they might have been using bio fuel or something.)

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I may be totally off the mark here, but I was under the impression that the scout movement, if not actively discourages, does not like to be associated with this group.

Is this true?

Willowbark

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2005
Stroud, Gloucestershire
Woodcraft folk seems very popular in my area. I am just now helping to set up a new group, as the waiting list my son was on was so long he'de have been on a pension before he got a place!

(whats wrong with old hippies?)

Willowbark

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
Willowbark said:
Woodcraft folk seems very popular in my area. I am just now helping to set up a new group, as the waiting list my son was on was so long he'de have been on a pension before he got a place!

(whats wrong with old hippies?)

Willowbark

there's nothing wrong about 70's hippies :240: , in act the ones that i knew were the best youth leaders i have met! although maybe they were a little strange but hay!! ;) :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Lurch said:
Wow, I thought I hear a couple of months ago that they were giving up?
Is it true they were set up by trots who didn't like the militaristic aspect of the Scouts?
Militaristic scouts?????
I wish! I get told off for shouting at them occasionally, by adults, the kids don't seem to mind! :rolleyes:
Never heard of woodcraft folk apart from what has been talked about on here is it mainly a southern thing?

Seems to be more hippies down south............ :buttkick:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE