The Vango Force Ten and Ridge tent in General Thread

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
As you know, I have been playing with my tents in the garden.

I put up my Force Ten (there will be LOTS of pics when I get my internet back)

and also my two ridge tents.

I have those three tents, a little eurohike ridge that is a single layer one man (dont like it but it is small and light) a big american dome tent (so say two man but would fit three) and a beach shelter

I do not know how I accumilated so much canvas!

But discounting the beach shelter, my tents bar one are all ridge tents.

I dont like the domes much, I hate fooling with those horrid poles.

Ridge tents are much easier! (particularly the force ten whos poles are on springs and assemble themselves)

is there anyone who feels the same as me?

I think dome tents are like LCD screens and suspension on mountain bikes, something which is popular but of no use, or at least use only in special circumstances

Another thing I want to know is what is the material of the vango groundsheet? most groundsheets seem to be polytarp, or thick tarp, the vango sheet is thin and light and Im sure if I could get some would have many interesting uses.

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
We have Force Ten Mk 5? I think for the Scouts.

They have a guy attached to the centre of each side panel and a guy that goes over the top of the pin that supports the ridge poll at the top of the A frame at each end. This has a loop in the middle making 2 guys to peg out at each end.

| <-
/ \
/ \

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
six. two each end and one on the side.

But mines just the Mk 3....

I have four, which may do, after that I ran out of speckled cord.

(the originals were orange but I like to `see` my guys, thank you.)

do you think Cotswold outdoors will have speckled cord? I could have used white, but I had the speckled, and it goes with the speckled bungees...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE