The Tatra mountains

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

synoptic

Sep 9, 2006
Manchester
Hi Daniel,

Didn't mean to cause offence :eek: !

I know that Slovakia was an autonomous state when I visited but I did get the feeling that some of the officials were still hanging onto old habits! Our group was quite conspicuous and the minibus we had drew a lot of interest in the rural areas!

At that time there seemed to be plenty of investment going into the country (I think that you were bidding for the winter olympics at the time) so it was obvious that things were a'changin'

Fantastic place though, must go back someday!

Is that bear-man still running the Teryhochata? :D

Cheers.

Daniel_sk

Feb 13, 2005
Slovakia
Sorry if my message sounded like I would be angry or what, my english isn't that good :)

You mean that man with a bear costume? I saw one in Hrebienok, he was just smoking a cigarette, that was funny :D But you need to pay if you want to have a picture with him :deal: We have a lot of real bears arround though.

There was a big storm two years ago in High Tatras, nearly all of the trees from the lower areas were destroyed. So it's a bit sad now in Smokovec, where you were - absolutely no trees now. But they are trying to clean everything and plant new trees. The trees in higher areas were not affected.
Here is an article about this disaster:
http://www.radio.cz/en/article/60967

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE