The SURVIVAL HANDBOOK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
THE SURVIVAL HANDBOOK by Raymond Mears.

The hard backed green version, the first he wrote (and still his best IMO) is for sale on a out of print books site for the princely sum of £240 :yikes: I have two, mmmmmm I might sell one!! :super:

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Wow £240...that's quite expensive really isn't it :shock: think I'd rather have a pair of boots...no offense Mr Mears...

SELL THEM GARY...or one...the other could be like...a nest egg! Wouldn't it fetch more if he'd signed them...what's your handwriting like :wink:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Actually I have copies of all his other books personalised and signed by him (one perk of having had him as your boss - I even have a hand written programme from a course we started designing together) - but the green book thats the only one I dont have signed!

Apperently the white covered version of his second book is worth a few bob too ......... and guess what .........

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Im big enough! But wait til I fall off the three legged stool and stop moving!!

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i bought my nephews signed copies of the Outdoor Survival Handbook for xmas each as they love the woods etc and i got their dad essential bushcraft so they can all go out together and bond and be boys :), always a good excuse for uncle al to visit too

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
My mother grumbled disapprovingly when she had to buy me a Ray Mears book last Christmas...not the sort of thing I should be doing apparently...!

:eek:):

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Does anybody know how many books Ray has actually written?

A complete collection, especially if it was signed would go for a nice packet methinks.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Thus far - without re-issues in new covers designed to catch the unwary I believe there are - 4.

The survival handbook.

Outdoor survival handbook

Essential bushcraft

And one aimed at families or kids. I saw it once in a shop but unfortunately didnt get it so i cant be more specific.

Also and this is relying on my dodge memory but I also saw a collection of poetry (not by him) but compiled by him (or some one with the same name) - again I unwisely though better of getting it or investigating further.

leon-1

Guys bearing in mind the cost (£240), you would probably be better off buying a number of books from other authors and cross referencing them, Rays books are good, but they are not worth that much.

There are other authors of well known titles which sell for a lot less and in the end the broader spectrum of knowledge that you gain is worth a lot more, that is only my opinion :wink:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
0091878861.jpg
63-1.jpg
0978031209359_60X60.gif

are the three books pictured above all the same book? ive been trying to work this out for ages!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Yep and theirs a fourth in the line tomtom - I have a first edition with a white cover!!

Wonder how many people OWN them all?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
leon-1 said:
Guys bearing in mind the cost (£240), you would probably be better off buying a number of books from other authors and cross referencing them, Rays books are good, but they are not worth that much.

There are other authors of well known titles which sell for a lot less and in the end the broader spectrum of knowledge that you gain is worth a lot more, that is only my opinion :wink:

I agree Leon - get Mors Kohanski and Richard Graves and you have it all! I have a Lars Falt book which appears to pre-date Rays and this has it all in there too - but its in Swedish!!

Tomtom was that you? You should have said I'd have let you have it I was only bidding because I saw how much they are selling for. A book that fetches £99 - £240 IS WORTH IT especially as I only bought it to sell it - I already have 2!! Although if I buy them all up I CAN TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE