The Survival Handbook Raymond Mears Ebay Heads Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Second edition, flyleaf bit battered but still an extremely good buy, despite that especially as he accepted my offer of £15 :)

Thanks for the heads up Chas

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
In good condition these go for £100 or so??? Is that correct?

If a first edition then yes, second edition about half that.

Autographs do add to the value depending if it's a plain signature or a dedication and whether he signed it Raymond or Ray

I bought this simply because I've got an autographed first edition in excellent condition and I wanted a copy I could read without worrying about damaged etc

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
In good condition these go for £100 or so??? Is that correct?

not quite. The first edition is the most valuable, the first edition is published by Oxford illustrated Press 1990 and you can sometimes buy it for £40-£50 (there's copies right now on amazon), there is a reprint edition published by Promotional Reprint Company 1994 (it will have the initials PRE on the bottom of dust jacket's spine) and there are copies of those for sale right now on amazon for £15-£16. (Plus postage of £2.80 for all amazons books). Both books have exactly the same content.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
If you google search 'eco warrior raymond mears pdf' you might find something interesting.....

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
great catch Steve, it's a great book and I agree IMO it's the best one...

Is that a legit PDF of the book? I'm surprised it's out there and they've not been crushed for producing it or sharing it to the general public... If it's legit we should be sharing it on Bushcraft UK :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
great catch Steve, it's a great book and I agree IMO it's the best one...

Is that a legit PDF of the book? I'm surprised it's out there and they've not been crushed for producing it or sharing it to the general public... If it's legit we should be sharing it on Bushcraft UK :D

No idea Tony, probably not, so understandably if it puts BCUK in an awkward position you might want to remove it.

Having said that, the amount of videos posted with Ray Mears in on youtube cant be legitimate either, so its difficult to know where to draw a line mate..

I'll change my post, so theres no direct link.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE