The Strawberry Tree

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A few of you know I have been photographing trees for a few years as part of a personal catalogue. Every now and again you see something unusual and lovely - I have a great passion for the seeds of the spindle tree for example. This week when out and about I spotted a tree I having beeing wanting to see "in the flesh" for a long time. Just for once I didn't have a camera with me, but since it was laden with fruit I took a single fruit (which will be palnted in a favourite spot) to confirm my identification. This fruit may just knock the spindle tree seed off the top spot for sheer drama,

Ladies and Gents - I give you the fruit of the Strawberry Tree.

1967906910_3cd0de7d8c.jpg

Red

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Theres some good specimens of these in Ireland, where I think its native. A lovely tree.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No, strangely, lychees is as closeas I can get - sort of cool and slightly jelly like

Nice though

Red

Y

Yellow Wood

The latin is supposed to say it all...unedo=I eat only one. It is supposed to be insipid, I'm surprised you liked it!
Yes, loads in SW Ireland, but essentially a mediterranean tree...a pretty little tree with red bark and a white flower...put it in your small garden if you have one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE