The rest of the site.........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Could we make it clearer of how to get to the rest of the site, articles, 200' etc etc as sometimes I get stuck on the forum :oops:

Cheers.

Jack.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Jack's point about clarifying navigation leads me to think of the site as a whole. Is it becoming a bit cluttered? I'm torn between thinking that all of the many subdivisions on the forum are good for organisation or believing that they make it harder to find anything. Likewise with the reviews sections. The many categories seem to make navigation there more longwinded than it used to be, and I think that for myself I would rather see a list of reviews than a list of review categories.

It is a very difficult task to create a good site and improve it as the content and contributions grow (and if you'd like examples of how bad some sites are then I recommend a visit to www.webpagesthatsuck.com ), not least because it takes a lot of time and effort. Overall I take my hat off to Tony and everyone involved with the site (I have a lot of hats, so I can afford to doff them now and then), but as Jack's observation suggests there is always room for improvement, except perhaps in the atmosphere of the place which is quite excellent.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I was finding going through al the forum catagories daunting but then discovered the View All Posts Since Last Visit option at the top right of the Forum Index Page. This makes seeing what is new and flicking through them very easy. The only thing is that it only shows you the ones since your last visit (Obviously) so if you have visited to read one post when you next visit you would need to go through the sections to see if there were any interesting posts before your one look visit (that makes sense in my head, hope it makes sense in yours).

What would be useful would be an option to view all posts made in the last 1, 2, 3 or whatever days.

Also I think using the logo as the link to the main site is a little too subtle. If I had found these forums through a link I would never have found the main site. I need a big button with text before I spot it.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Stuart said:
Click on the leaf logo in the top left hand corner
Although this is mis-labelled... If you hold your cursor over the logo the label comes up as Bushcraft UK Forum Index rather than Bushcraft UK Home Page.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE