The Proof that Stovie...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...rose above it...

DSCF3545copy.jpg

DSCF3550copy.jpg

An unusual sensation. The first night I managed a couple of hours, and then resorted to the ground. Just couldn't get off to sleep. The second night i was so tired I slept like a log. It rained quite heavily, but I stayed dry and snug. Great fun..

And the camp was hectic...Food was good though...Me slaving; as usual...

DSCF3607copy.jpg

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Always good to see another take to the trees but it looks like a really uncomfortable hammock. If you try one of the other types you should be able to lie at an angle and be nearly flat. With that one it looks if you will wake up shaped like a banana :)

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
MagiKelly said:
.... With that one it looks if you will wake up shaped like a banana :)

Aint that the truth...Just a pressie from my other half. Thought I'd try it. Time to get a proper one ;)

Mind you, the trees could have been a little further apart :rolleyes:

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I'll echo what John has said, get yourself a material type hammock, much better and far more comfortable. I know he didn't say it, however I will, Magikelly group buy hammocks are the dogs and for the money are very hard to beat ;)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Phil562 said:
I'll echo what John has said, get yourself a material type hammock, much better and far more comfortable. I know he didn't say it, however I will, Magikelly group buy hammocks are the dogs and for the money are very hard to beat ;)

Yup, Seconded - they are the mutts nuts

Oh and robjones2006,
A quick trip over to www.imrisk.com should provide you with all the information that you'll evern need re hammock camping.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Stovie, If you're coming to the moot let me know and you can borrow one of mine to try out.
That hammock looks like the garden variety and there's really no comparrison.
They can be handy to keep kit off the ground though when strung underneath your sleeping one. Perhaps your other half gave you a kit store rather than a bed??? ;)

Mark

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Thanks for the offer Mark, but Ill be in Greece full to the brim with Retsina...Oh well...cant be everywhere at once.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE