The Professionals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Did anyone ever see the 'Comic Strip Presents' parody of the Professionals? It was called (hmmm... how to obey the moderation policy and be understood here?) 'The Bull-Number-Two-ers'. I could imagine Collins laughing his head off at it whilst Shaw glowered at the screen with a lemon-sucking expression.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The phrase Eye Candy hadn't been invented but Bodie and Doyle........:eek: :D
Martin Shaw hasn't aged as well but Lewis Collins is still a good looking man :naughty:

cheers,
Toddy

Doyle (Shaw) was my eye candy, Mary, way back in the day :). Still like him as Gently and he is a good actor, LAMDA trained and had some excellent roles through his career on stage and film as well as TV including Thomas More in Robert Bolt's play A Man for All Seasons. Bodie (Collins) was very good too as was Jackson as the boss-man. I still watch it occasionally when it turns up on ITV4 :rolleyes:. I really do prefer my men "hard boiled" :D

Ta muchley for the nostalgia, Doc :cool:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Brian Clemens, creator of The Professionals, said Collins brought a "Bond-ian quality" to the role of Bodie.
"I thought he would have made a marvellous Bond," he told the BBC. "He was tough and he could fight, he looked good, he was handsome and he had this nice sense of humour.
"I knew he had auditioned [for James Bond] and I think they were wrong not to take him up."
Mr Clemens recalled Collins also undertook a lot of physical training for the role of Bodie.
"He took up parachute jumping soon after joining The Professionals. It was the sort of thing you would expect a Marine to indulge in. He was a method actor in a sense."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE