The price of kit

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Just back from a wee business jolly to the US, apart from the lovely weather, I had a Saturday to kill so I
thought I'd hit some camping/outdoor shops in search of kit I don't really need but the voices tell me I need to buy!

I was amazed at the range of kit available (2 aisles of water purifiers!!) and the prices were shockingly cheap, old town
canoes for about 200 quid, couldn't get one in my suitcase unfortunately! :( I always come back really hacked off at
the prices we have to pay for just about everything :aargh4:

Anyway, I succumbed to the voices and got;

Tikka xp for about £20, replaces my lidl headtorch
Black para cord - lovely
Salt and pepper shaker - saves me nicking the wee sachets out of work!
Some moleskin for first aid kit,
Some 'will light when wet' firesticks, aye right!
A Titanium KFS set for about a tenner, look very like the alpkit ones but labelled brunton? curse those voices,
what do I want with a titanium KFS... it's nice and shiney though! :D
An uco candle lantern, was in walmart with 3 citronellas and came to about a ten quid!
I also got a couple of plastic tubs for $5 from a surplus store which say 'decontamination kit personal,' they are
waterproof and have a short webbing strap holding the lid and box together with a clip to clip onto something, pretty
cool but I don't know what I'll use them for, any suggestions?

Off on hols to Florida next year, definitely will be on the hunt for more outdoor and surplus stores, anyone any ideas
apart from bass pro (that one is already in the satnav!)

DSCF0149small.jpg

Cheers,

Alan

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I've seen the waterproof boxes for carrying a half size sharpening stone kept in water. Still looking for something that size so if you want to sell one let me know!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE