The powerpot

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Not sure how reliable this thing will be in the long run.
For peltiers or thermoelectric generators to work properly, one side needs to be hot and the other cold! With a specific temperature difference between them to work at an optimum. Therefore a heat sink is needed, ala biolite etc.
Its not difficult to make your own built into a stove, the TEG's are quite expensive for decent ones though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jorn

Forager
Aug 26, 2011
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Isn't cold an relative thing? As long as the temperature difference is enough it would create power. I'm not sure how longlived the peltier-elements wil be though, especially if they run quite hot most of the time. With the water boiling it would run atleast an 100C. Hmmm, i'll have to ponder on this....

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Isn't cold an relative thing? As long as the temperature difference is enough it would create power.

The problem with this pot is that it looks like a metal pot. So where exactly will the cold part be? With my gasifier stove, the TEG would be in the base, below a little insulation. The heat sink would be below the heat plate, being cooled by a fan (powered by the TEG)

This pot may work differently, I'd still prefer power from the stove though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Make sure you understand what's needed before you buy one of these things. The electrical power is only produced whilie the heat source is burning. If you typically need to charge your 'phone for two hours, then your heat source will need to be burning for two hours, and probably at quite a high power output to boot.

If the fuel is foraged, no problem except for the foraging.

The fuel to give two hours full-power runtime on one of my stoves will heat all my meals for at least a week, and it will weigh half a kiilo.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Make sure you understand what's needed before you buy one of these things. The electrical power is only produced whilie the heat source is burning. If you typically need to charge your 'phone for two hours, then your heat source will need to be burning for two hours, and probably at quite a high power output to boot.

If the fuel is foraged, no problem except for the foraging.

The fuel to give two hours full-power runtime on one of my stoves will heat all my meals for at least a week, and it will weigh half a kiilo.

A wood burning stove inside a tent would be sufficient.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE