The power of one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
About 5 years ago my Dad gave me this book on a trip to South Africa. I got half-way through it and lost it! I kept telling myself that i would re-buy it but i then forgot it's name. After much searching i finally gave up in despair.

Last night i was having a conversation with someone about books, politics, and national identities! He recomended this book and *CLICK* i remembered!!!

Here is the synopsis....

"Six-year-old Peekay, born in the 1930s in a South Africa divided by racism and hatred, one day learns that small can beat big. He learns to think with his head and then with his heart. He discovers that nothing can defeat the determination to be true to yourself; this is the power of one. "

Its on sale on amazon for about a fiver.

Just read the reviews! Anyone read it? It is a really touching book. The guy i was talking to was brought to tears by it! I really recommend it, i'll buy it on the 15th when my pay comes through!

Jake

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I just realise i just gave you the link o the young readers edition, the real one is absolutely full of swearing, i know that sounds abnoxious but it realy isn't i promise!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE