The perfect place

May 24, 2010
gwent
Hi there, my brothers and I are going camping in the next few weeks and are looking for the perfect place to hone our bushcraft skills and fish at the same time. We're looking for somewhere legal to fish ( either river or lake.) but with a large and varied woodland surrounding it as to not cross paths with suburban joe. Somewhere in the Wales and West Midlands area ( Lake District's a bit out of reach!).
Anyone know of such a place?
All ideas welcome :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You'll be lucky to be able to do that in Wales unless you get permission from a big estate or a few land owners. Your fishing is probably easiest to do from the beach where you've got a lot more freedom on catching things. If you get out an OS map and have a look for areas that you think would work for you, then go there and ask about and you may well get someone that says yes to you.

Ideally you get a train to Scotland where you would have a lot more freedom to do an activity like this.

May 24, 2010
gwent
Thanks for the feedback Tony, have been scouring google earth for such a place but sadly they either have sparse woodland or a road running along side them, thanks all the same.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You might have to compromise and go for a camp site near the beach or something, then you could fish, probably cook on the beach, maybe have a fire on the camp-site etc

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
When i was living in north wales, I did some work for

Welsh College of Horticulture,
Northop,
Mold,
Flintshire,
CH7 6AA

they have some good wood land, you could try asking them, if approach well you should get permission?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE