The Norwegian Military Tent Sheet System KNAPPETELT

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
Online translation does a reasonable job; first paragraph (could take a while though :):

"Booklet 6 aims to give an introduction to different types of hives and how best to organize to get good bivuakks.The booklet provides a short introduction and must necessarily be followed up with practical training in different types of terrain and conditions. Several of the elements are of a general nature and must be adapted to the individual department's procedures and equipment"

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Native
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Unfortunately I can't see it, because my document reader is out of function.
:rolleyes:

A good reason to fix it!
;)

@oldtimer
I was pretty surprised when I discovered a few years ago that I can read Norvegian newspapers without any problems.

I thought about it and found that all Germanic languages use nearly identic vocabulary, just the orthography is different and sometimes the sound.
And there are little differences in the grammar.

The main problems we get with the different (usually incorrect or archaic) pronounciation of French words which are mixed into the Germanic languages.

But of course, we all (or better most of us) seem to come approximately from Lower Saxony where we lived between the Scandinavic and Alpine glaciers in the last ice age.

And later we never lost the contact.

:encourage:

Last edited:

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
I've now managed to translate the whole document. However, there's a lot of reformatting to do and all the photos and drawings to re-insert; a bit too much work for the moment but I'll get around to it :)

Last edited: