The mighty yak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sappy

Forager
Nov 28, 2011
Braemar
Decided i'm headed out for a fortnight in a few weeks to paddle a few rivers while camping out.

My yak however is small as in miniscule( i use it for competitions)

There is just enough space inside for me( comfy as hell though) and theres only enough space on the yak for his doggyness. And my bivi bag, sleeping bag, pot, knife and water bottle sits up front.

If i were to carry more weight i woud be in danger of sinking my vessel.

What do you think about putting food in dry bags lashing it on and dropping it over the side?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What do you think about putting food in dry bags lashing it on and dropping it over the side?

It'd work but the drag would be like a sea anchor, steering would be hard work as well as making progress. Would his doggyness follow you along the bank?

Sappy

Forager
Nov 28, 2011
Braemar
It'd work but the drag would be like a sea anchor, steering would be hard work as well as making progress. Would his doggyness follow you along the bank?

I think thats a far better idea though would mean i couldnt travel as far as intended but that is the solution.

Getting rid of the weight of a fully grown German shephard would certainly help my bouyancy issues lol

Sappy

Forager
Nov 28, 2011
Braemar
The big problem would be fences. passing through a lot of farmland with sheep isnt good.

I can put him on the bank at times but would have to get him on the yak at times meaning either way i'll have to reduce weight at some point

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE