The Long(er) Walk Home

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I spent some today with some of the local conservation volunteers up on the South Downs behind home, the group has a task day once a month where we tidy litter, drag stuff out of the Dewpond that the locals 'yoofs' keep throwing in there or as today do a little bit of path maintenance, which today saw us clearing back some of the Dogwood and Elder on three paths with a good mix of hand and petrol powered tools, in fact we made such good progress, we finished about 30 minutes early, so we admired our work and had a bit of the all important chinwag before making sure the paths were clear of the trimmings and then we all headed off home.

Today though rather than heading directly home which was just over half a mile, i decided to take the longer route home which is a walk of approx 2 miles, granted, it's not a lot further, but still it's is a longer walk and in the glorious autumn sunshine it was the right decision to make, walking over the South Downs basking in the sunshine and listening to the Skylarks in the fields, magnificent, the photo shows the view over towards Cissbury Iron Age Fort that was just emerging from the mist & fog adding to it's mysticism.

DSC07933a.jpg

Days like this made you feel glad to be alive, i enjoyed it so much, that after i had thrown some lunch down my throat, i went back out for another walk, getting home just before sunset.

Last edited:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
The green Downland turf, the Skylarks and the views have always bought me home from my travels..Nice photo on a beautiful day Kep.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sounds like a great day Kepis . At least I know where the sun was today, it were grim oop north :)

it was lovely down here, shirt sleeve weather for the best part of the day, well it was were i was, but just north of the Downs it looked a bit grey and dank

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE