The joys of a wet weekend

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, the rain brought out the worms and slugs. Then came the mistle thrushes! A pair were hoping around. I adore thrushes!

516043907_0a5bfa085b.jpg

Red

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Ah so does my mum - my parents seem to have a family of them in their garden and
she sends me periodic emails about them and the other birds (jays, bluetits, dunnocks,
sparrows (I'm not entirely clear on the difference)) and magpies. I've also been enjoying
the photos in your blog section by the way.

I love sitting in my flat looking out at nothing but green leaves and a grey rainy sky,
particularly if there's something good on the telly and I've nothing urgent that needs
doing. Now that the rain has stopped and I could do with a spot of fresh air, I'm intending
to head out with my book on what all the trees are called (Fred, Mavis etc :D ) and ID
the ones in the little park by my house.

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
Been a great w/end for the birds here, except the one that fell down the chimney of my den/office as the fireplace is boarded up and has a bookshelf in front of it.

Managed to rescue and release it however, I think it was a young thrush (not too well up on bird ID as yet).

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
We had a blue tit nest down the lane that was in the top of a road sign pole, since the rain we have not seen any activity - either they've flown or drowned/chilled. I am a bit concerned for the Roe kids, not great weather for your first days into the world, barleys growing like mad though.

Well, the rain brought out the worms and slugs. Then came the mistle thrushes! A pair were hoping around. I adore thrushes!

516043907_0a5bfa085b.jpg

Red

I thought this was a thread about going the the Spring Moot :umbrella: Think the sites worm and slug population have been washed away!

Got back home yesterday afternoon and then had to set my kit up on the lawn to dry out.

Phil.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We had a blue tit nest down the lane that was in the top of a road sign pole, since the rain we have not seen any activity - either they've flown or drowned/chilled. I am a bit concerned for the Roe kids, not great weather for your first days into the world, barleys growing like mad though.
The Gamekeeper showed me some photos of a newborn Roe last night - I hope the little sweetie is okay! Tough critters though - I'm sure they'll be fine.

I have a feeling the chuffing geat Heron that keeps visiting our pond has had a couple of the moorhen chicks :( Still - thats nature - can't interfere

Red

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I have yet to find a new born and generally don't see kids til harvest. I have called a couple of does with a kid call so I must have been pretty close.
You're right, they are tough but we've had three days of rain now and even in woodland its constant drip dripping - like you say, that's nature and thats what makes them tough as old boots, not like us medicine dependant lot. Long live natural selection (although as an asthmatic I'd have been long gone)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE