The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Good shout!
Thanks dude

But , is it legit? And how long does the postage take?

I might take a punt on this hammocks...

Last edited:

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Leshy,

I don't know how long the delivery will be, but I have made quite a lot :) of purchases through Gearbest.

They have proved solid for me.

rorymax

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland

I ordered one on 8th July, it arrived yesterday, very pleased with it, and it came with 2 X 2 metre lengths of approx 7mm diameter strong nicely braided coloured tree strops.
Mine cost a quid more than the one you posted as I went for a different colour. Thought I'd splash out :p.

I purchased it as a 'garden' hammock, but it would be suitable for some other overnight outdoor uses, especially in good weather.

Cheers neoaliphant.

rorymax

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Just browsing for something else and saw this trangia clone .
Seems like a good deal for what it does...
The burner may not be as good as a trangia (ie. Leak proof) , but it's still a bargain IMO at £17.99

https://www.aldi.co.uk/storm-proof-cook-set/p/071491045902300

The trangia isn't officially leakproof either. They warn not to transport the burner with fuel inside for all alcohol burners actually. (Burners, not stoves ;) )

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Our new Trangia isn't leakproof. We would fill it, turn around to get the lighter and it was already half empty. We went through about 3 litres in less than a week.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Apologies on the unintended misinformation.
I don't even own a trangia, let alone a clone... I was just going on what I heard about the trangia clones not being leak proof, so I presumed that the original trangia with the rubber ring would be OK...
My mistake, either way , looked like a fitting post on the "I've found a bargain" section...
:)

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Also remember to take part in the nikwax quiz every 3 months to get sent a free sample sachet

Tesco have buy 1 get 1 free on their range of Nikwax wash and waterproofing products available until 10/08 (tomorrow)

I've ordered 10l of Tech-Wash for £30 but the 1l wash and 1l proofer looks good value at £15 (£18 Inc shipping) for lesser users.

Link http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-...s&source=others#prevTile=pt-215-1232_215-1232

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE