The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Cool. Nearly jumped on one of these after seeing a thread on BudgetLightForum. Haven’t been put off buying one, though I’d have preferred losing the powerbank function and have an 18650 battery instead. Lot of people mentioning the easy switch activation and the annoying auto-lockout rather than fitting a recessed switch.

Sofirn are still at the top of the game for quality/function/price. And they listen to the feedback and improve features.

@Robbi, BLF thread here, with video review.

I havent had a problem with the lockout, the turn cap switch method im happy with for safety-having almost started a fire.

you can get 18650-21700 adpaters, ive have dozens of 18650 batteries floating around from laptops, but i bought a large 21 cell 18650 powerbank for £8, probaly 60,000 mah, and just recharge tinsg from that, the massive capacity of the torch, charing never been an issue....

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Cool. Nearly jumped on one of these after seeing a thread on BudgetLightForum. Haven’t been put off buying one, though I’d have preferred losing the powerbank function and have an 18650 battery instead. Lot of people mentioning the easy switch activation and the annoying auto-lockout rather than fitting a recessed switch.

Sofirn are still at the top of the game for quality/function/price. And they listen to the feedback and improve features.

@Robbi, BLF thread here, with video review.

Not happy, I am weak and purchased from sofin direct

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I havent had a problem with the lockout, the turn cap switch method im happy with for safety-having almost started a fire.

you can get 18650-21700 adpaters, ive have dozens of 18650 batteries floating around from laptops, but i bought a large 21 cell 18650 powerbank for £8, probaly 60,000 mah, and just recharge tinsg from that, the massive capacity of the torch, charing never been an issue....
Size and weight thing really. I’d like the same function in a smaller form without powerbank features. Ideally.

Thats not to say I won’t fold and just buy the 21700 version

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Lumintop have a similar light, E05C. AA/14500 and only white LEDs.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ok, ordered one.
It’ll be genuine. Sofirn is the biggest torch manufacturing plant in China as far as I know, they make lights for lots of other people. There really isn’t anyone who could fake them and sell them cheaper.

I’ve been looking at a little knife for a while, a Civivi Baby Banter. They’re nice, prices vary from around £65 from Knives and Tools + £8.50 shipping to £88 ish from Heinnies. I had a hankering for the Jade G10.

Found on back order at Knives and Tools for £54.95, plus the shipping. I felt all my resolve falling away from me and made a purchase. Quite why and how I justified a small EDC locker I don’t know. You’ll agree though, they’re very nice little knives in happy colours :)

9FD8D433-0972-40A2-BA38-3EC07294E7D7.jpeg

Reactions: Tony and gg012

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It’ll be genuine. Sofirn is the biggest torch manufacturing plant in China as far as I know, they make lights for lots of other people. There really isn’t anyone who could fake them and sell them cheaper.

I’ve been looking at a little knife for a while, a Civivi Baby Banter. They’re nice, prices vary from around £65 from Knives and Tools + £8.50 shipping to £88 ish from Heinnies. I had a hankering for the Jade G10.

Found on back order at Knives and Tools for £54.95, plus the shipping. I felt all my resolve falling away from me and made a purchase. Quite why and how I justified a small EDC locker I don’t know. You’ll agree though, they’re very nice little knives in happy colours :)

View attachment 80178

Oohhh....they’re very nice little knives....... in very nice happy colours :)

Reactions: Nice65

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE

View attachment 80178
Tidy little knife there, that's a good buy

Sent from underground

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE