The homebrew Festival 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Hope this is OK in other chatter - if not mods, let me know!

As I know there's a number of brewers (be it beer, cider or countryside wine) on the forum, I thought I'd post about this camping event in Market Bosworth (close to Birmingham). It runs from the 9th to the 11th of June. Membership is £5 for the year and camping is £10 a night. The "campsite" is market bosworth's rugby club pitch. £5 membership covers you and a spouse (and kids)

The main benefit is that all the beer on site is free (you can't charge for homebrew) and usually a very high standard. The bar is self serve and there's usually hundreds of bottles to try as well.

Friday night there's a quiz, throughout Saturday there is the competition & lectures on various parts of beer brewing, but the bar is open throughout. For those who like that sort of thing (and who here doesn't), they also have a wood stove running in the field belting out both flames and heat. There's also a hog roast and live music on the Sat night.

It's something I make an effort for every year and wondered if any of the other regulars at the naughty corner would be interested in joining me for a pint round the fire next year...!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE