The Hedgerow Handbook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've just picked a copy of this from a bookseller at work, for the princely sum of £4. It costs rather more on Amazon.

After a cursory read, I'm awfully impressed, and there are some fantastic sounding recipes. In particular I now need about 20 litres of vodka to try out all the different liqueur recipes. :D

There's a fair sounding comment in an Amazon review that says the book is largely a collection of recipes from other sources like "Food for Free" and "Wild Food", but then again, show me a cookbook full of original recipes. There aren't many.

Anyway, the book is hardback, and fits in a largish pocket, is well presented, and I like it very much. I think it will take a fair bit of abuse, although it could be a lot lighter in a paperback format.

ISBN-10: 0224086715 ISBN-13: 978-0224086714

Just thought I would share.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Usually around this time of year I make Blackberry or Sloe Vodka (or both) ready for Christmas, but this year I have not been able to find any locally yet ? Probably the weather ? I might have to take drastic action and go foraging in Tesco. I have also in the past made some with bought Blueberries, which was very nice wich an interesting bright purple colour.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I saw my first edible blackberry yesterday.

There are recipes in the both for vodkas with rowan, hawthorn, oak, bird cherry, bilberries, etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE