The Girls demonstrate the miraculous effects of Human Diesel Coffee

The Girls demonstrate the miraculous effects of Human Diesel Coffee on an icy river bushcraft overnighter.

With a special performance of "The morning weenie song"....

[video=youtube_share;BotmAAg8Si8]http://youtu.be/BotmAAg8Si8[/video]

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Human diesel is a great recipe! I could use that.

It sounds like you might have had slightly too much caffeine yourself before you made that :rolleyes:

Coconut fat or coconut oil is incredibly good for you.

It's a fat that burns like a carbohydrate but without the insulin effect

Anti bacterial, anti viral, anto fungal.

Medium Chain Triglycerdie or MCT.

Have a google. It's fantastic.

In Germany you can buy it in blocks.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Hmm - Not so good for use people who have major cholesterol problems.

However, very good for people with some metabolism problems. My stepson has ME/CFS and we tried coconut fat in his porridge. It did help to a noticeable degree.

Question; how is that mix made into coffee? Just chew down the grounds with the porridge or did they <horror> use instant coffee?

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
It is very high in certain saturated fats which tend to result in increased blood cholesterol. One of those non-obvious things.

Shame, really, I think it is delicious.

It is very high in certain saturated fats which tend to result in increased blood cholesterol. One of those non-obvious things.

Shame, really, I think it is delicious.

Wellll..... actually that verdict is contested.

Have a look at PUBMED.

Clin Biochem. 2004 Sep;37(9):830-5.
Beneficial effects of virgin coconut oil on lipid parameters and in vitro LDL oxidation.
Nevin KG1, Rajamohan T.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVES:
The present study was conducted to investigate the effect of consumption of virgin coconut oil (VCO) on various lipid parameters in comparison with copra oil (CO). In addition, the preventive effect of polyphenol fraction (PF) from test oils on copper induced oxidation of LDL and carbonyl formation was also studied.
DESIGN AND METHODS:
After 45 days of oil feeding to Sprague-Dawley rats, several lipid parameters and lipoprotein levels were determined. PF was isolated from the oils and its effect on in vitro LDL oxidation was assessed.
RESULTS:
VCO obtained by wet process has a beneficial effect in lowering lipid components compared to CO. It reduced total cholesterol, triglycerides, phospholipids, LDL, and VLDL cholesterol levels and increased HDL cholesterol in serum and tissues. The PF of virgin coconut oil was also found to be capable of preventing in vitro LDL oxidation with reduced carbonyl formation.
CONCLUSION:
The results demonstrated the potential beneficiary effect of virgin coconut oil in lowering lipid levels in serum and tissues and LDL oxidation by physiological oxidants. This property of VCO may be attributed to the biologically active polyphenol components present in the oil.
PMID: 15329324 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Processed, hydrogenated coconut oil is another matter, since the hydrogenation process denatures the substance. But here too, the jury is still out. Much science has been done on this recently.

Also --- We are talking about a trail food here. Not something that you eat 3 times a day every day.

The health advantages of being able to get an adequate and easily metabolized caloric intake during your outdoors adventures needs to be weighed against the potential issues...

http://coconutoil.com/coconut_oil_heart_disease/
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/coconut-oil
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15329324

Last edited:
Hmm - Not so good for use people who have major cholesterol problems.

However, very good for people with some metabolism problems. My stepson has ME/CFS and we tried coconut fat in his porridge. It did help to a noticeable degree.

Question; how is that mix made into coffee? Just chew down the grounds with the porridge or did they <horror> use instant coffee?

I did use instant (we have some VERY good instant here in europe) but you can also make a very strong ordinary coffee and then mix with the human diesel...

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I don't want to get into a paleo/carbvsfats argument here, had enough of that in other places. I have a genetic predisposition to cardiovascular disease and I've dealt with it via diet - to the amazement of my doctor.

Trail food - sure, eat what's good for the occasion. I do. Compact fuel is what it is all about. I tend to eat a lot of nuts, personally. Seeds are good fuel and particularly sunflower seeds can be added to almost anything.

But your diesel is pretty much a one-pot food. Do you just eat this or other stuff as well?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Is it not cholesterol free ?

Your liver makes cholesterol, you don't eat it.

Toddy, I don't get what your link is on about.

Susanne, I use pure, organic coconut oil. Like any sensible person, I don't swallow spoonfuls of it and get bad guts. Same for good olive oil.

I don't want to get into a paleo/carbvsfats argument here, had enough of that in other places. I have a genetic predisposition to cardiovascular disease and I've dealt with it via diet - to the amazement of my doctor.

Trail food - sure, eat what's good for the occasion. I do. Compact fuel is what it is all about. I tend to eat a lot of nuts, personally. Seeds are good fuel and particularly sunflower seeds can be added to almost anything.

But your diesel is pretty much a one-pot food. Do you just eat this or other stuff as well?

Oh yes I eat other stuff too...

Ash cakes - with sometimes some cheese baked inside
Meat on the grill
Soup (with coconut fat in it)
Grilled cheese
Sausages
Bacon

Whatever takes my fancy really...

The way I use human diesel is that I make a big cup of it, then I drink 1/3 of that before sleeping to keep me warm for 3-4 hours. If/when I wake up around 4am and feel a bit chilled then I warm it up on the hobo and drink another 1/3. That will keep me warm well past dawn usually. Then the last 1/3 with the coffee for breakfast.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
The way I use human diesel is that I make a big cup of it, then I drink 1/3 of that before sleeping to keep me warm for 3-4 hours. If/when I wake up around 4am and feel a bit chilled then I warm it up on the hobo and drink another 1/3. That will keep me warm well past dawn usually. Then the last 1/3 with the coffee for breakfast.

That makes a lot of sense. I enjoy your posts and videos. Thanks for all the tips.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
That makes sense.

I've used Mung bean noodles when camping - come in tied bundles from the chinese supermarkets. They don't need boiling and draining, so you can make up a savoury liquid and as long as it is pretty hot, just add the noodles. Easiest to cut them with scissors straight into the 'soup'. Very light, easy to cook with, add a useful amount of protein and carbs to a meal.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'll remember those noodles and get them into my food kit, i take couscous to fill this exact same purpose, all it needs is hot water to absorb to be edible and really fills out any bushfeast onepot action nicely

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE