*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
And PM'ed thank you.

As for my offering, I was trained in horticulture as a youth, and bought this rather nice hook blade. It has not really seen any use and needs to go to a new home.

The blade is stainless slip joint, hard wood handle. Walk and talk is good and no side to side play. It is a 3 finger hold (4 with small hands). Pen is for scale.

Will post when back in the office, so please bare with me.

c2e13db27819c07276fa5fabf8b77d98.jpg
c46c1cadda6c506fc7175014e468edc2.jpg

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
And PM'ed thank you.

As for my offering, I was trained in horticulture as a youth, and bought this rather nice hook blade. It has not really seen any use and needs to go to a new home.

The blade is stainless slip joint, hard wood handle. Walk and talk is good and no side to side play. It is a 3 finger hold (4 with small hands). Pen is for scale.

Will post when back in the office, so please bare with me.

c2e13db27819c07276fa5fabf8b77d98.jpg
c46c1cadda6c506fc7175014e468edc2.jpg

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
No takers for the hooked folding knife?

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
On offer from me is a nice pair of vintage Dalesman overmitts, size L, in good condition, nylon and lined inside, elasticated on the inner wrist. Ideal for going over Dachstein or other mitts or gloves.

image.png

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Right, I am offering a brand new 8mm diameter ferro rod mounted in a cherry handle. It has a striker and will be packed with a variety of tinders so you can play without having to break the social distancing rules :) - I'll include some cramp balls, cotton wool, reedmace seed, charcloth and some birch bark (not shown).

These rods produce a shower of good hot sparks once the hard outer coating is scraped off to reveal the bright rod underneath.

View attachment 58060
Arrived today, many thanks! Will have a play later...

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
A wee bump for the mitts, I'll have a hunt for something else in the next few days.

On offer from me is a nice pair of vintage Dalesman overmitts, size L, in good condition, nylon and lined inside, elasticated on the inner wrist. Ideal for going over Dachstein or other mitts or gloves.

image.png

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Time for a bump!

On offer is either
a pair of Dalesaman overmitts,
a chainsaw sharpening guide,
an Otterbox cover for an iPhone X
or an issue arctic sleeping bag liner.

Reactions: beachlover

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I can't bear to see a grown man suffer like this and despite saying I wouldn't come here again I find myself looking for an Otterbox, so I'll take this please and in return offer up a used but nicely sharp Mora Eldris in a mustard colour. If needed I'll put up a pic tomorrow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE