*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ok, how about a turned wooden bowl?

Im not posting a picture as that means faffing with camera and Photobucket; Im too busy with uni work to mess around at this moment. However I have interesting books, nice bowls and varied suprises...

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Look, I have a placement report, an assignment, a mini dissertation...Thats before I get to class and wrestle with the latest complex way of doing a simple thing that my Tutor seems to delight in vexing us with.

Ah yes, and Exams comming up.

I am busy.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
then maybe taking the free gift from here wasn't the smartest move, there is an obligation to pass it forward.,,,

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Im not posting a picture as that means faffing with camera and Photobucket; Im too busy with uni work to mess around at this moment. However I have interesting books, nice bowls and varied suprises...

Look, I have a placement report, an assignment, a mini dissertation...Thats before I get to class and wrestle with the latest complex way of doing a simple thing that my Tutor seems to delight in vexing us with.

I am busy.

If you've got time to come on the forum and take things from here and post comments and pictures on a different thread then you've got time to take a picture and post it on here...

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
Arrived yesterday. Now to try and get a spark.

Thanks Samon

Alex

From me, some primitive fire lighting ingredients. ;)

A few iron rich stone lumps and some decent flint to go with them for a real primitive fire lighting kit. (Not for the cheaters with their fancy space age ferro rod things or chunks of hardened steel!) Also a tobacco tin to keep them in.

And two lighters for 'spairs or repair' by 'Polo' and 'Colibri'. I'm no good at fiddly stuff but I'm sure an able handed person can get these up and running. :)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com

I am busy.
Been there when I got my degree.....DON'T GO FOR A DOCTORATE!!!!! means loads more I can assure you but at least a lot of those judging you don't know what your on about as it's probably a new theory he he.

Rest of you..BACK OFF this is suppost to be a good will thread not a competition...it started with a Poundlandish folding shovel (I didn't take it but remember that 1st posting well).
I've taken loads of stuff I didn't really want to move the thread on and almost always put a surprise from the forge up.
BTW that Sheeps foot blade looks like one of the early ones I made
Saying that I've definitely got far to many books as SWMBO keeps telling me :) the bowl is tempting but lets see who else needs something hey?

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thanks Whittler.

We all love our Tutor but he has an IQ of about 200 and most of what he says goes above our heads...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
hang on a minute Kev no one was up set about the thread stalling or the gifts offered but frankly the, I don't care, I'm busy don't complain attitude goes against the good will that keeps this alive.

If you can't put the effort in best not take something...

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
hang on a minute Kev no one was up set about the thread stalling or the gifts offered but frankly the, I don't care, I'm busy don't complain attitude goes against the good will that keeps this alive.

+ 1 well said mate

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

Got it in one, well said

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE