The coming season.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Got my wildfowling permit last week. Always at this time of year I start thinking about the wildfowling and game seasons starting. If I can, I will be out on the estuary on September 1st.

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
i've been dreaming about ducks dropping into the decoys for the last two weeks !

not long to go now. I have 3 days fishing / shooting starting on the 1st. can't wait.

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
Not long to go now ;) All our shooting is inland, our bit of ground is between a series of old gravel pits. If we are lucky we can get 500 geese crossing at once, most of the time we just stand there and watch them. We also get quiet a few ducks flying about, but they tend to have the wind behind them and go like rockets.

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
how'd everyone get on ?

just back in work after 4 days duck shooting, fishing and general relaxation.

shooting was very hard on the loughs, due to half the country being out with a shotgun on the 1st. i don't think anything that flew within 100 yards of some of them didn't get fired at. the birds left the main lough and holed up the in shallow bays and bogs which are impossible to get into.

picked up a couple of mallard for tonights dinner. don't think I'll be out again until some of the migrants start coming in, and people have started chasing the pheasants.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Out for morning flight on the estuary on Saturday. Had a good blether with the ranger. I've seen Canada geese passing through in September before, but unfortunately not this visit.

Despite the empty bag, still a good trip. lots of non-quarry species around - especially mergansers.

A few more weeks and the pinkfoots and greylags will be here.

MalIrl

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
West of Ireland
Had two enjoyable but fruitless evenings, on the shore on the 1st, at the 'ponds' on 4th. Nothing coming inland at all here, the water is too low with all the dry weather. Passed up the only opportunity of a Mallard on the shore because there were juveniles mixed with the adults and I really didn't want to take them. Quite a lot of juvenile birds about, in fact.
Still, two beautiful sunsets, and I didn't have to clean my barrels when I got home!!

Slán,
Mal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE