The Clyde Valley...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We get a bit blasé about the scenery in Scotland :eek: That walk is about ten minutes from my front door. I took my first steps in the grounds of the castle. I walked that path a couple of times a week as a child, and most lunchtimes when I was at secondary school. My Grandmothers lived one each side of the river.
It's just home :D, and Rob's right, just now it's cold.

The falls are beautiful Graham :) When they let the waters free the Earth shudders.

gsfgaz posted a thread on the Clyde river walkway a wee while back, now that is a beautiful walk :approve:

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wonder how many schools around here are close enough to wander the river side at lunch ?
From Lanark all the way down to Uddingston, through Hamilton, my big brother went to the Academy and they played in the Cadzow burn glen that ends up in the Clyde too, and on through to Rutherglen and Glasgow and then on down through the firth.
Chainsaw wandered the castle policy woods too, so did Coln :D
Funny, the woods always seemed empty of people though there must have been dozens of us wandering around.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The river Clyde and Bothwell castle today :)

IMG_2053.JPG" height="600" width="800"

cheers,
Toddy

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
stunning pics Mary, brings me back to my childhood right enough.

I wonder how many people on here went to Uddingston Grammer, seems rather a lot, maybe all that beautiful countryside and river on our back yard gave us an early taste of it all....

Something that has obviously never left many of us..... :35:

Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE